Friday, October 11, 2013

Rocking the Red Carpet

In Tom Ford, July 2011

Recently, I have been on the hunt for the perfect black cocktail dress.  I have been to at least a dozen stores and scoured the internet for hours at a time without any luck.  You might say I'm a bit obsessed.  I prefer to call myself particular.  You see, I have a list of specific requirements.  It can't be too long or too short, it has to be simple but not plain, it has to be sexy but never...well, you know.  It needs to be sophisticated, age appropriate and modern.  Yes, I realize this is a tall order but who wouldn't have such high standards, especially after spotting Emma Stone is this seriously chic black lace sheath by Tom Ford?  It hits all the right notes from the length to the fabric to the silhouette.  And let's not forget the lovely details...the cap sleeve, the velvet bow and the architectural shape.  I refuse to give up.  I know the ideal dress is out there waiting for me.  I'll be patient.  In the meantime, let's take a look back at some of Emma's most memorable red carpet moments.  I love how she channels that girl next door vibe while simultaneously rocking the latest trends.  She's an example of how you can keep it classic yet fresh at the same time.

In Giambattista Valli, December 2011

In Burberry, November 2012

In Martin Grant, June 2012

In Lanvin, January 2013

In Eli Saab, June 2012

In Burberry, June 2012

In Calvin Klein, January 2011

In Giambattista Valli, February 2012



1 comment: